- Change requests should be submitted before the weekly scheduled change meeting.
- Meetings are scheduled weekly and will be attended by anyone presenting a change request.
- Meetings are open to all LAS technicians.
- Change approval is granted based on group consensus.
- The LAS IT Director or Change Committee Chair may declare or approve a change without group consensus.
What requires an approval:
- Any change to a service that is in "production" use.
- Any change to a server that contains services that are in "production".
- New servers/services that will be in "production" use.
What does NOT require an approval (but should still be logged):
- Emergency changes to the security profile of a system or service in "production" use need to be
- cleared through either the LAS IT Directory or Change Management Director,
- logged in the change management system, and
- sent to the email@example.com list.
- Changes to authentication/authorization on a server or service should be logged to the change management system.
- Standard OS or service updates need to be logged on the change management system.